Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Move

(So, after not blogging for about a year I've decided to give it another go...no promises though.)

I have just moved to Paris. Today!

6 hours ago I stepped off the plane and met my new roommate for the first time at the airport. She has a car so offered to come pick me up. I'm renting a room in her apartment in an eastern suburb of Paris. I had heard that the eastern suburbs were not as nice or 'chic' as those in the west - but this area seems pretty nice. It has everything I think I'll need - a few grocery stores, a bank, pharmacies, and a sushi restaurant on my street!

4 hours ago I was unpacking my suitcases and setting things up in my room. It's already fully furnished and decorated in a fun purple. There is even a mini fireplace - it's fake but still nice :) I'm only going to be living here until the end of January when my roommate's sister is moving in - but this is definitely a great place to stay until then :)

3 hours ago I went wandering around my new neighbourhood. I had checked out the area on Google Maps so had a weird feeling of deja-vu as I went wandering around local streets this afternoon. My first stop was the supermarket. I love French supermarkets. I especially just love looking at all the things they have in the dairy aisle. My first order of business was to buy some cheese and then some interesting looking goat-milk yogurt. Then I stopped at a health food store for a gluten-free baguette - and some random healthy items.

Now after eating a lot of cheese and taking a hot shower I'm working hard to stay awake till at least 10pm. On my last trip overseas I made the mistake of sleeping right away - and it took me a week to get over jet lag. That's not happening this time.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to see a blog post by you! I hope that this time is the charm and that you blog more than once a year. ;)

    Glad you arrived safely in Paris and are settling in nicely. I also feel like I would get a sense of deja vu walking around your new hood since I also spent a lot of time google viewing it with you.

    Hope you make it through the jet lag. Hahaha, remember when I was jetlagged in Paris and I fell alseep while you were talking about your life?

    ReplyDelete